- Cannabis vaporization and pain – A study led by a team of Israeli scientists, published earlier recently in the European Journal of Pain, found precise doses of THC administered via inhaler were effective in reducing pain in neuropathy patients. The randomized placebo-controlled study divided 27 chronic pain patients into three groups: One group received a 1 mg THC dose, the second was given a 0.5 mg THC dose and the third had a placebo. Article Reference
- The wonders of science – in a recent double-blind, placebo-controlled experiment, neuroscientists carefully analysed what happens to glutamate levels and a person’s ego when taking psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms. Using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to monitor the brains of 60 healthy volunteers, the team found significant changes in activity in both the cortex and the hippocampus in those taking psilocybin. Study Reference
- Cannabis VS COVID-19 – The designation of cannabis as an essential product in key markets. During the month of May, Australia hit a record month with 4133 prescriptions filled, 755 more scripts than in April. In addition, there was a 150% increase in UK medical cannabis prescriptions. This means the cannabis industry finds itself on strong footing as the coronavirus pandemic continues. Inspiration for this post sourced from here – link
Highlights of the Week:
- Cannabis investments ‘recession-proof’ says industry data firm
- The endocannabinoid system and clinical endocannabinoid deficiency
About Adam Isaac Miller:
Adam spent over 8 years building various B2B businesses within education, investment, and medicinal cannabis, with progressive roles including business development, strategy, product development and project management. He has consulted private and listed cannabis producers and ancillary businesses since 2015, as one of the early entrants and experts in the burgeoning Australian cannabis industry. Adam founded and currently sits on the board of The Medical Cannabis Council, Australia’s largest not-for-profit industry body. He is a frequent public speaker and publishes a widely read industry newsletter. Adam earned a Bachelor of Entrepreneurship from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.
Adam has appeared in several major news outlets including the Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian Financial Review, Startup Smart, SBS, SkyNews, MJBizDaily, and other major publications.