Jillian and Lisa catch about this weeks biggest movers and shakers in the world of crypto.
First the Headlines, this is the big picture this week:
- Yesterday Eth reached a new all time high of $4,366 dollars.
- Another great week for Polkadot after the announcement of the highly anticipated parachain auctions last week. Founder Gavin Wood announces $774 million development fund for Defi. Their coin DOT also steadily climbing
- Former Republican congressman George Nethercutt Jr says the US needs to step up its dealings with crypto before its too late.
- Paypal co-founder Peter Thiel says he underinvested in Bitcoin.
- NFT news: Playboy bunnies will be running around the metaverse after the Playboy Group launched into NFTs this week creating animated bunny avatars.
- The owner of Cryptopunk #6046 rejected a bid of 2,500 ETH, approximately $10,5 million.
- Coinbase announced their first NFT creators. 1.1 million people signed up for the waitlist for the coinbase NFT marketplace. Will it challenge the big players like Opensea and Rarible.
- In Gaming news: Splinterlands became one of the most played games in the industry, the trading card game attracted over 245,000 daily UAW in September, 3,267% up from the end of Q2.
Listen to Episode 1 of IN THE NOW
Scroll to Continue